Tuesday 31 March 2009

Surprise!

Not many girls can say they have had a surprise baby shower before, and even fewer can say they have had two! I'm not sure why everyone feels they need to surprise me but this past Saturday my sister in law Rachel threw a surprise baby shower at her house. All week Mark had been telling me we were going to dinner at Jamie Oliver's restaurant in London called Fifteen so I was super excited and not at all suspicious. Whilst I will still hold him to dinner at Fifteen, Saturday was so special and I really appreciate all of the effort everyone went to for us.

Rachel had ordered cupcakes (called fairy cakes here and not nearly as common as in America) in baby boy colours, arranged games to play and even had special chocolates made. A couple of our friends turned up and needless to say, Baby Verghese got even more spoiled. In fact, there is absolutely not a thing left for me to buy him which leaves me wondering what I'm going to do with my time on maternity since I thought I would be out buying last minute bits.

We spent all of Sunday putting away the gifts we received and finishing the nursery which is officially complete from the washed sheets on the bed to the border being put up on the walls-pictures to come once we've put the last couple of finishing touches on.

Otherwise this week just seems to be flying by. Tonight I've got my pregnancy yoga class. This will be my 3rd time going and it's been a great way of meeting local Mums. Each class a former student comes at the end with her newborn to share her birthing story which has also taught me a lot. I don't think the class is doing much towards toning and firming up (which I could really use!) but it is great for learning breathing excercises and stretching out sore limbs.

With a week ahead of temperatures in the 60s, spring has finally sprung in London. Let's hope it lasts!

x Jen

3 comments:

The Haigh's said...

You're sure lucky to have Rachel as a sister-in-law, she is amazing and loves you guys very much.

Tara Holmes said...

Good Job Rachel!!! I love her for doing that. I want to see nursery pics. I don't even know where to start in that department. You're a lucky gal. Only 5 more work days!!

Keri said...

That is awesome! You are lucky to have such a sweet sister-in-law. Can't wait to see the nursery pictures. Love you!