Friday 27 March 2009

34 week pic and appointment


I think I can finally say that things are starting to feel like they are moving a little quicker and we are getting closer to meeting this little baby of ours! On Wednesday I had my 34-week appointment at the hospital. I was really looking forward to this appointment as I was hoping they could shed some light on how the baby was laying now. Turns out this midwife seemed to think he's head down, with his back on my right side and his limbs bending over to the left. At least he's been nice and kept his little feet away from my ribs! She seems to think we're in the clear and won't need a C-section but we will confirm again at our 36 week appointment on April 7th.


We went through the usual at this appointment and when it came time for her to check my blood pressure it was pretty high-141/90 and the midwife found a trace of protein in my urine, two factors which can indicate pre-eclampsia. After I had my blood work done and my second round of "anti-D" shots I was sent to the maternal and fetal monitoring unit of the hospital where they strapped a heart monitor for the baby around my belly and listened in for an hour whilst periodically checking my blood pressure. Eventually it went down to 113/70 and the midwife was happy with baby's heart rate so I was sent to have a second round of blood work done (which was taken from the same spot!) and that was that. I called today and it seems they are happy with the blood results and for now we don't need to worry about pre-eclampsia which is great news.


Now that it's Friday I can finally relax and look forward to the weekend ahead. Mark and I plan on finally completing the nursery and are having some gardeners come around on Saturday to see about planting some flowers out back so we can enjoy the garden (AKA back yard in American speak!) this summer. Sunday is our nephew Max's early 6th birthday party so we're going to go paint some pottery with him to celebrate since he's off to Las Vegas and San Diego with Paul, Rachel and Holly for his actual birthday on April 2nd.


Hope you have a great weekend and enjoy laughing at how massive I've gotten in this latest pic. The funny look on my face and pose is because just before this was taken Mark instructed me to lift my chin, the picture before this was less then complimentary in that area! x

4 comments:

The Haigh's said...

OMG Jen - Look at you! I think you look wonderful and am so glad that you posted a pic. Happy that baby seems to be cooperating in the belly and hopefully the next appt will be just as reasuring

Tara Holmes said...

I love looking at your little belly button pop out. You look great, I'm getting so excited to meet him!! Well for YOU to meet him because it'll be a bit before I can come. :) I'm glad things went okay at the doctor, sounds like you were there for a long time. I love you!

Misty Carpinito said...

You are so stinkin' cute! So glad everything is going well. You are in the home stretch!! Very exciting! Try to catch some extra zzz's if you can get comfortable enough. ;o)

thuriks said...

You look fantastic. Great news about him moving & no need to schedule a Csection. You are getting SO close almost time to meet the little guy. Can't wait for your September trip. The twins will have just turned ONE then. Weird!!!! I love you & miss you tons.