Monday 23 March 2009

New arrivals

Yay! We're back online and things at the new house in Chislehurst are starting to feel like home.

This past week has also seen some exciting new arrivals. The biggest one of course was Westyn Marie Haigh, born to Ashley & Troy on March 18th. It was super hard being so far away and not getting the latest updates when Ash was in labor and it's even harder not being able to meet little Westyn, but it will be all that much sweeter when I come home in the fall with our little one and get to see her in person. Congrats!

The second arrival was Mark's baby.... The ridiculously big 58 inch t.v. which was delivered at 6.37 a.m. on Sunday morning weighing in at about 200 lbs. I had to include a picture below so you could see the smile on Mark's face and how stupidly big it is.

Whilst it's not my thing, Mark works really hard and we don't go out and blow our money on frivolous things so in my mind (and after 3 months of him trying to convince me), he's earned it.

Lastly, I have to thank Tara for sending the sweetest package ever which really made my Monday. Those that know her know how thoughtful she is and in the 10 and a half years I've known her it never ceases to amaze me how she can put such an amazing touch to anything that makes it distinctly her. Anyway, she's started little Baby Verghese's book collection in true teacher fashion with some of the classics that he and I will treasure forever. She also found what I've not been able to-a super cute wrap around gown for the hospital that even came with a little matching diaper. As she said in the card, let's hope I can manage to look halfway decent when I go in there so I can share pics. Thanks so much, Tara-you brought my to tears with your thoughtfulness.

Hope the rest of this week is as good as it's started and that yours is the same x

1 comment:

The Haigh's said...

Thanks for the shout-out Jen!!! I'm glad you finally gave in to the TV....it's huge!