Wednesday 11 March 2009

Home Sweet Home

Tonight marks the fifth glorious night that I get to spend in our new house, since moving in on Saturday I've had to pinch myself when walking in the front door at night and remind myself that this is our new home. This morning I actually woke up to birds chirping rather then the sound of sirens and buses going by! We did a marathon move on Saturday, Mark's family and a few friends showed up to the flat in London at 9 a.m. and by 9 p.m. Saturday night we were completely unpacked and moved in.

It's taken a few days to get settled in and we're still waiting for our new furniture to be delivered but it's still such a lovely home, very homey feeling and just the kind of place I can imagine raising our baby in (at least until we outgrow it ;)). Mark and I get to commute into work together again which is something I love because we get to spend that extra bit of time together which is a real treat since we're both flat out with work during the week.

Unfortunately we won't have the Internet hooked up for another couple of weeks so I'm going to have to post from work which means no pictures :(. I will have lots to share when we do get our Internet though-today the nursery furniture is being delivered and set up so in the next week or two we can decide if we want to paint the nursery and start setting it up, something I've been dying to do since we found out we were having a baby!

1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

I am SO happy for you. You are the cutest home-maker too. I can't wait to see your Jen touch on everything. I miss you.