Monday 6 April 2009

The nursery



I can finally post pictures of the nursery since we're about 95% of the way done. First the nursery furniture came, then we had Mark's Mum's boyfriend Roy come around and spend a weekend painting it a beautiful blue and then last weekend Mark and his brother Paul put the Safari Friends border up. I have to say, I absolutely love this room-when I go in I get that overwhelming sense of calm that you would want from a baby nursery and am really pleased with how it turned out. It's been a labor of love and I couldn't ask for more. What's especially sweet is that Mark goes in every night before bed and walks around touching everything, opening the wardbrobe doors and flipping through the clothes hanging in there-so far he's spent more time in there then I have!

You might notice that we've finally decided on a name! Calum was always our favourite but we started to have our doubts about "Cal". After taking into consideration everyone's comments and testing each one for a week or so we still came back at Calum and I have to say now that we've decided, I really love it.

This weekend much to Mark's urging I packed most of my overnight bag which at 35 weeks might be a bit premature but better to be safe then sorry! With maternity leave in sight (3 days to go!) I have to say, there really isn't going to be much for me to do! We literally have everything but a few toiletries (including a thermometer if anyone has any recommendations), a nursing pillow (not sure if this is needed, or not??) and then of course I still have to wash all of his little clothes and bedding. What am I going to do after the first week?!

x Jen



The crib


The Moses basket (thanks Dave & Michelle!)


6 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

Love the nursery! And, I absolutely recommend a boppy (nursing) pillow....makes you and him so much more comfy especially as they get heavier. Let the countdown begin! Oh, and Katie knows of a great themometer. I also recommend having a rectal one as that comes in handy for constipation issues which will happen at some point and takes temp in 5 seconds. ;o)

The Haigh's said...

Jen!!! I love the nursery! It really does look very peaceful and serene which is exactly what you want in a nursery where you will be spending so much time - mostly in the middle of the night. You definitely need a Boppy pillow for nursing (it's shaped like a circle that sits around your waist. You're almost there! I am so excited for you & Mark.

Keri said...

You did such an amazing job! I love the color blue you chose - very peaceful. Everything looks amazing! His name in the big block letters above the dresser is creative and looks so good! I knew you would do a great job. Now, the countdown begins - hope you know we're thinking of you always and if you're bored at home - email me - most likely I'm bored too! Love you.

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Great job Jen! The nursery is adorable. Love the name you picked out too. Not much longer to go!

Tara Holmes said...

Calum is a lucky little man! I love that nursery. I love how the nursery fits so wonderful in that little nook. I love the letters and the blue is gorgeous. What a change from the empty room to this. I bought a blue elephant bobby pillow as my first baby thing, before we even knew it was a boy because they are so cool. i'm glad the girls say they actually use them. I really miss you a lot right now, and wish I could be in your overnight bag too! Love you! Great job!

Michelle said...

I love the name Calum, SO cute!!! The nursery looks great, you're getting so close now! :)