Tuesday 1 September 2009

The seafront....


This past weekend in the U.K. was a 3 day weekend and to mark the last non-official day of summer (since we don't celebrate Labor Day), Mark and I took Calum to Whitstable, Kent-a historic little seaside town about an hour's drive from where we live. The weather was gorgeous and we managed to get out of the house at a respectable 11 a.m. which is pretty good for us these days! For whatever reason in England rather then saying seaside like we would at home, they refer to it as the "seafront" (I will never cease to be curious as to how these little idiosyncrasies came about in the English language). Anyway, we had a lovely walk along the seafront and enjoyed one of the nicest days of the summer. We had an amazing lunch (chili tiger prawns, scallops wrapped in pancetta....) and homemade donuts (a typical seafront treat) afterwards. It was a perfect day with my little family and one that once again made me realise how lucky I am. Hope you all enjoyed your weekends. x


Sea in the background

Calum in his new hat and overalls from Grandma McEvers

Mark always jokes about houses here that are older than "my country"-this one actually was!


3 comments:

Keri said...

He's got cheeks like Kena-Bear! God, I cannot WAIT for them to meet. Grandma McEvers sure picked out some cute overalls for him - adorable! You're looking so good btw! Can't wait to see you!!!

Tara Holmes said...

Funny I read this a few days ago, but had a baby in my hands so I couldn't type and comment. I love your little outings around Great Britain. Calum is such a handsome kiddo, I love his big blue eyes. I bet Jackson will out-weigh him at the rate he is going. :)

Leah said...

Looks like a wonderful day! He's growing so fast...