Friday 28 August 2009

Greenwich Park


Yesterday was one of those days where you can feel fall coming, but as the weather was still pretty sunny it was the perfect day for a picnic with my sister in law Rachel and niece and nephew Holly and Max. We went to the nearby Greenwich Park which is the largest park in London and the birthplace of Henry VIII (apparently it's been a park since Roman times and was made a "royal" park in 1427)! Sir Christopher Wren was commissioned to build The Royal Observatory and Greenwich Park is most famous for Greenwich Mean Time. The park itself is gorgeous, there are amazing views of London and lots of walking space for me and Calum to explore later. We had a lovely picnic and then went walking with the kids who loved the massive playground and pond with paddle boats. It was fun to spend time with the kids and see their relationship with Calum grow, it's a shame they have to go back to school next week.

On another note, one of my best friends Tara Holmes gave birth on Wednesday August 26th to a very handsome boy named Jackson Jacob who was a whopping 9lbs 13 oz! I'm heartbroken that I won't get to meet him until next spring on our next U.S. visit but am certain that Tara will keep us posted with lots of great pics as she was our resident photographer throughout college and got a brilliant new camera for Jackson's arrival. Congrats to Justin and Tara on starting the next chapter in their lives together, they are going to be great parents and I know one day Calum and Jackson are going to be great friends.

Baby Jackson


Calum & Mommy

Views of the Thames and the City

Holly & Max

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love hearing about your adventures. Congrats to Tara and Justin!

Tara Holmes said...

So sweet Jen!! I can't wait to have Calum and Jackson be best friends...It's hard to realize he's actually here still even when I can't quit looking at him. I love you!