Monday 4 May 2009

Barbecues, baths and Baby Bjorns

We've been busy since we brought Calum home, a lot busier then I would have expected having had the c-section and etc. The weather has been gorgeous here and it's been so nice having Mark at home for his two weeks of paternity leave, I'm kind of dreading him going back to work and having to be on my own....


Now that Clum is home we've had to learn how to use all of his stuff like the breast pump, bottle warmer, steraliser, and etc. Mark was especially excited to break out the Baby Bjorn but I think Calum is still a little too small for it.

Last night we ventured out to Mark's brother's for Calum's first barbecue which went really well-we even celebrated with some champers and I had a glass of wine which was great! After we came home we gave Calum a bath (not his first as the midwife gave him one when he was in Special Care) which didn't go as well as it did in the hospital but was fun anyway.

Thought I would share some more pics since he is changing every day and looking a lot less jaundice. Today we went back to Special Care where he passed his hearing test with flying colours and had another blood test which we're waiting on the results for now... Hopefully the bilirubin levels have gone down and we won't have to take him to the special jaundice care unit which would be the next step if they have gone up.

Thanks to everyone for your phone calls, things have just been pretty unpredictable and with the time difference by the time I've got the little one settled all I want to do is go to bed so it makes it tough. Promise I will return to the real world soon and catch up with you guys as I'm dying to hear how you're all doing. Lots of love x


Calum in the crab outfit Auntie Tara bought him



3 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Jen he is just beautiful! It sounds like you're adjusting to being a mommy. Can't wait to talk to you. I really want to call but I can imagine you are exhausted. Shoot me an email to let me know when I can give you a call.

Tara Holmes said...

I love his cheeks!!! He is so adorable!!! I love that first outfit and I'm glad he got to sport the Crabby outfit. :) You're cute!! I hope levels are fine and I'm glad life is going great so far as a mommy! xoxo

Keri said...

Great picture! He is so freakin cute. So glad to hear that his levels are down and things are going well. I can't wait to meet him and kiss those cheeks!