Sunday 22 February 2009

New house pics!

On Friday Mark and I signed all of our contracts and made it official, we move March 7th to our new house in Chislehurst. We took the morning off work and met the landlord at the house to go through and make sure everything was ready for us to move in and then went to lunch with Mark's brother and sister in law and the kids. Chislehurst is a tiny little town about 15 miles from London which has one main street lined with boutiques, restaurants and pubs and is a complete 360 from where we live now in London. It's going to be a perfect place to have a baby, to take walks and spend the summer-there is even a big duck pond in the middle of town!

Saturday we went back to the house to show Mark's Mum and to take measurements-a lot of the stuff we have for our city flat is too big or not right for the new place. One thing lead to another and we ended up going out and buying a new couch and chair for our second "reception room" (AKA living room) and if Mark has his way by next weekend we will be the owners of a new 63 inch flat screen t.v. to go along with our two others! I just can't wait to move in, we've lived here over two and a half years now which is the longest I've ever lived in one place in my life and I'm eager to move into a real house and get things ready for baby.

I'm off today to get my hair done-about the only thing I can do at the moment to make myself feel a little bit normal and then we're going to have Sunday lunch at the pub. The weather has been sunny and in the mid-50s this weekend which has made me anxious for summer. I also did an inventory on all of the beautiful clothes we got at our surprise baby shower at Christmas and started to visualise the baby wearing all of his cute little onesies out in the back "garden" this summer. Time is just ticking by now!

Hope you enjoy the pics below, we'll definitely have to post more after we've moved in. x

Front of the house

Kitchen-check out the stove, I can't wait to put it to use! Also love all the light that comes in from the skylights above. To the left is the "American" fridge and another kitchen window.

Dining room off the kitchen with doors to the back garden and one of the reception rooms. We're going to put a t.v. on the right wall and our new couch to the left-I would imagine we will spend lots of time in this room since it's just off the kitchen, especially when we have friends & family over.

The front reception room. We're going to have another t.v. in here (hence Mark trying to "sell" me on the 63 inch t.v. and BluRay surround sound!) and a big L-shaped couch.

The baby's room, faces the back garden. Still debating as to whether we're going to paint it or not.

Our bedroom-faces the street. Mark & Paul taking measurements to see how things will fit...

View from our bedroom onto the street

View of the back garden which will need some attention this spring-perfect to keep me busy before baby is born! And yes, that massive reflection in the window is my belly!



5 comments:

The Haigh's said...

I Love it Jen!! It looks like a really cozy "home" and the neighborhood, just from that small photo, looks really family friendly.

Misty Carpinito said...

Congratulations!! I love the kitchen and the details on the windows...so cozy!

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

I want to move there! The town sounds perfect and your house is adorable! What an exciting time for you and Mark.

Tara Holmes said...

I LOVE it! I really like the skylights and the hardwood floors. The duck pond sounds so cute, I can just picture you rolling down there with your stroller and feeding the ducks. :) I miss you, and can't wait to visit. Trust me, I know about the TV obsession! Have fun decorating the nursery, I can't even think about it until I know the gender. Congrats!

Leah said...

Guys and their t.v.'s... LOVE the leaded glass windows. I would kill for those. Can't wait to see it! Hopefully someday soon : )