Thursday 19 February 2009

Stay off the roads!

It's official, I passed my theory test today which means I can take my practical test now booked for March 19th. If all goes well, I will have my UK driver's license in hand on that day, 7 weeks shy of baby's due date.

Tomorrow Mark & I head down to the new house to meet the landlord and do a walk through to make sure all of the renovation work has been completed and then we sign the papers and exchange the keys. I'm going to bring the camera (nerdy, I know!) so keep an eye out for pictures soon-I can't wait!

Not a lot more to report, I have to be honest in saying the last week or two have been tough ones being pregnant. There is a noticeable change in how long it takes me to get around, I just feel uncomfortable all of the time and am now getting little bouts of hot flashes and things which isn't great in the office. Instead of my hormones making me cry, I seem to fly off the handle at any excuse and am really volatile sometimes! Mark has been joking with me saying he can't see how I get myself to work in the morning because I'm so absent minded which is really frustrating because I know that I'm being absent minded and can't do anything to change it. My hands and feet are starting to swell and as my Mom put it, I just don't feel like myself. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited about the upcoming arrival of our little baby, but I'm really and truly counting down the weeks and even days now until I can go back to not having a baby strapped to the front of me and can start being more active to get rid of this weight I've gained!

Have a great weekend! x

3 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Don't you think it's so funny that here we both are - going to be Moms so soon, and both complaining about all the pregnancy crap that is going on....who would have ever thought so many of us could be pregnant at the same time. I want some updated pics...

Tara Holmes said...

Don't worry honey. Is it bad I saved a pair of cute underwear that don't fit on my fat a** in the back of my underwear drawer? Things will get easier after this right? I can't wait to see your new house pics, I haven't taken any good pics of my new house yet. I can't wait to see your new place. :) Watch out UK drivers....here comes Jen in the Range Rover!

Leah said...

I think you are SO brave to be driving over there. I wouldn't dare, so you get mucho points in my book!!