Sunday 16 November 2008

You won't be so fat after you have the baby......

It's a rainy Sunday here in London and I can think of nothing better to do then stay indoors and watch a movie. Mark and I are going to a local pub tonight to have Sunday roast-in England it's a regular family meal for Sunday that includes roast chicken and potatoes, steamed vegetables, gravy and my favourites-Yorkshire puddings (popovers). Yum! I might even treat myself to a small glass of wine with dinner, tomorrow marks the start of week 15 and everything I have read says that one small glass a week after the first trimester is okay.




Yesterday we spent the day with the Verghese clan. Mark has a younger sister, Tracey, who is 27 and an older brother, Paul, who is 35. Paul is married to Rachel who has become more than just a sister but a best friend to me here in London, and they have two beautiful children Max, who is 4, and Holly who will be 11 just after Christmas. Whenever the Verghese family gets together you can bet that we will make it out for at least one meal, if not two. In fact, I can't really think of a time when we've all gotten together and not had a big dinner here at our place or over at Paul and Rachel's. Yesterday we went to a Chinese/Japanese restaurant around the corner from Pat's (my mother-in-laws), although it did take about 20 minutes of deliberating to all agree on going there instead of to Indian or Italian (the other two local choices).



The kids are surprisingly curious and interested in the pregnancy, particularly Max who is probably most excited because he won't be the youngest anymore. A couple of weeks ago whilst out for another dinner we were all discussing baby names. Max decided he loved the name Luke (after Luke Sky Walker of course!) and that from now on we should call him Luke. That stuck for a week or two. Last night as I was finishing a massive plate of stir fried shrimp with onion and basil Max said "You know, Jen-you won't be so fat after you have the baby." Which you know, really made me feel better after stuffing my face! He's such a comic and so cute, all I could do was laugh. Let's hope if we have a little boy he will get some of the same cheeky Verghese genes that Max did.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Max!!!!! He's the best. Great "kid" comment. Miss you Princess Lea (Luke Skywalker's honey). Right??? I'm not that into space movies. You're going to be a great mom, and I don't see anything wrong with a small taste of wine. :)

The Haigh's said...

I can't believe you're already 15 weeks. Only a bit longer until you find out the sex....

Rachel Verghese said...

Arrrggghhhh That is so cute! You are my best friend too! And so lovely that you have included us in your blog! Paul will be touched too! I shall email him now! He has read it but not this page! I shall show the kids too! Yes, my son is so tactful! I think he was trying to compliment you and make you feel better!!! ;) xx

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Congrats on 15 weeks Jen! It is so crazy how many babies are in the oven! I'm so glad to hear that you have Mark's family and that you are close to them. It sounds like you really love London!

Leah said...

Sounds like the perfect family day. Where the heck did 15 weeks go?

Keri said...

Max's comment made me laugh out loud. I can just picture him saying it with his accent and looking at you so sincerely. Adorable. Can't believe you are 15 weeks already - where does the time go? So glad I can read about what's going on in your life. Give Luke a belly-pat for me!