Saturday 8 November 2008

The first bump photo


Hard to believe I'm starting my 14th week on Monday and I'm already this big! Mark took this photo when I came home the other night from work, it will be one of many that will show just how huge I'm going to get in the upcoming months. I'm still feeling great though, not a single bout of nausea so far, and I'm no longer feeling like I want to go to bed at 8 every night. I am a bit slower moving though, find it harder to bend down and pick things up and no longer run for the bus in the morning....
People are also starting to notice that I'm pregnant. The first incident was ironically right after our first scan on Oct. 27th; on the tube on the way back to work a man got up and offered me his seat which is what people are supposed to do if you're pregnant (British people are on the whole pretty polite). At work I've had a couple of people politely ask (via e-mail one colleague asked if I'd had a big breakfast or if congratulations were in order) although it's kind of a tricky one still depending on what I'm wearing. To be honest, I'm so excited I pretty much tell anyone who wants to hear, the waiter at dinner who offers wine (although in Paris even when he knew I was pregnant he still tried to push the red wine!), the cleaner at work, the receptionist at the doctor's office-anyone who will listen!
I can honestly say that I've loved every second of being pregnant so far and hope this good feeling continues over the next couple of months as we've got lots coming up with coming to Seattle for Christmas, our "baby moon" to Miami afterwards and moving house when we're back to London in the New Year.

6 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Oh Jen, you are so cute!!!! I love it! It is really wonderful being pregnant and only gets better, I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. I'm counting down the days...

The Haigh's said...

I just can't stop looking at this picture of my little Jen....

Misty Carpinito said...

You look absolutely incredible! I definitely can feel the 'glow' through the photo. So happy for you two...or three I should say.

Leah said...

You are beautiful! You make being pregnant look so fashionable ; )

Stacie said...

Such a cute little bump! :)

Rachel Verghese said...

Oh Jen! I have just read over your blog! Look at your bump! So cute and it suits you! Can't believe you had a driving lesson in the City!!! WOW! x