Wednesday 24 March 2010

Max's 7th Birthday Party


Sunday was our nephew Max's 7th birthday party and wow, what an experience. All I can say is that I'm going to try and enjoy these next few years of quiet as much as possible-who knew 7 year olds were so nuts?! Max's "real" birthday isn't until April 2, he and his family were meant to be in Thailand but had to cancel their trip as my brother in law has had an absolute nightmare with having his tonsils out and 3 surgeries later has been told he can't fly. Anyway, the party theme was camo/army and whilst it was a little crazy, Calum had a great time hanging out with the kids and getting lots of attention from the family.

I just can't believe Max is going to be 7, when I first met him he was 3 and it seems like in the blink of an eye he's grown up into a proper boy. Calum already adores him and I know as he gets older will probably idolise him and be Max's little shadow. At first I think Max had a bit of a hard time adjusting to not being the baby of the family anymore but over the past few months he's really seemed to grow on the idea of being the older and more wise cousin and has been really sweet with Calum-helping feed him, always making sure he has his little comfort muslin and playing with him when he comes over.

Most exciting is that Calum & Max won't be the only boys of the family..... Tracey (Mark's sister) told us last week she's having a boy! Her baby is due in June so there will be just over a year between her son and Calum so he gets to have not one but two boys to grow up with! Can't wait x
Calum & Mom
Hanging out with Max and the other kids
Max playing with Calum
Calum with Holly and Uncle Paul

2 comments:

thuriks said...

Jen! Look at how grown up Calum is?! Any big plans for his Bday next month? Miss you guys. Jerame & I are planning a trip to Paris possibly in May. Any chance you might want to meet us there?!!!! xoxoxox Katie

Tara Holmes said...

Love that they will have boys to play with! I love Calum's hair, he looks like a big boy now. P.S. Your letter made me tear up and I just love you so very much!!