Monday 2 November 2009

My little monster


Halloween and the days leading up to it this year were so much fun, it's really true what they say about enjoying the holidays more when there are kids around. Holly (11) and Max (6) were on a break from school and their parents were in Egypt (lucky them!) on holiday so we kicked off Halloween on Thursday with them coming over to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (yum, Shelby!), caramel apples and carve pumpkins. We had a great time and I think I managed to keep them entertained and away from the t.v. for a good couple of hours!
Max and the cookies he decorated
Holly and her cookies

On Friday I had a few of my Mummy friends over with their babies for a Halloween party. They probably think I am Halloween crazy since here in the U.K. it's not really as big of a deal as it is at home, but I want to keep the tradition alive for Calum and had fun decorating the house and seeing the babies dressed up. As the babies get older, our get togethers seem to be getting more chaotic but the babies are finally at that age where they really seem like they are enjoying each other and I love having a good chat with the girls.
Abi & Maggie
Calum (in his 2nd Halloween outfit), Brooke and Sean
Calum kissing Brooke's hand like a real English gentleman!

Saturday Mark's sister Tracey came over with Holly and Max and we took the kids (plus Calum) trick or treating. It was a shame that a good 75% of the houses on our street didn't even answer their door, again I guess it's just not a done thing here but a few did and Holly and Max were pretty excited that they got extra candy "for the baby". By Sunday we were pretty exhausted but all in all we had a great Halloween and I hope you and your family did, too x
Pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes made by me, decorated by Mark for our neighbors
Mark and the kids before we went trick or treating

3 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

That is the cutest little monster I ever saw!!! I love your Halloween party! You are such a good mommy and friend...truly get into the spirit of things and that is important.

Misty Carpinito said...

Love the monster costume! And, Mark did an awesome job decorating the cupcakes...very impressed!

The Haigh's said...

Love the pics!! Calum looks even cuter in the costume than when he was here. So glad you guys had a good time with your 'Mummy' party. Give Mark props on the cupcakes, and have you become Betty Crocker by chance?