Wednesday 8 July 2009

Smiles



As Calum approaches 11 weeks this Friday he has become an even happier little boy then ever before. Every morning when he wakes up he graces us with lots of big smiles and is thisclose to letting out a little laugh. At first I was admittedly jealous as Mark was the only one able to get smiles out of him around week 8 but these days he's full of them not only for the two of us but for other people, too. I know I spent the first few weeks of Calum's life wishing he wouldn't get any bigger but Ashley was right in that there really is so much to look forward to as babies get older and more interactive. The little goos and ah-goos that he's been giving us are enough to make hearts melt, too.

Yesterday I had my third post natal group meeting and today a group of us are getting together for coffee which should be fun (not as good as getting together with my "real" friends at home, but still a big step!).

This morning Calum slept until 6.50 a.m., this marks a full week of him sleeping past 6 a.m. so fingers crossed, my days of middle of the night feeds might be coming to an end. Our healthcare visitor (Calum's nurse) said this can change when they go through their 3-mo growth spurt but let's hope it doesn't! Friday will mark another big milestone, we're officially going to retire the Moses basket and Calum is going to start sleeping the nights in his crib. It's a big step and I'm going to miss being able to get up and see him first thing but he's just too big for his basket and already loves taking naps in his crib so I'm sure he will be happier and we will hopefully get even more sleep!


Showing just how big he is in his basket!

Ick! Still hate pics of myself but here is one of Calum & I... 20 lbs to go (but maybe my boobs make up 10 lbs of those?!)!

5 comments:

thuriks said...

So glad to hear your little guy is such a good sleeper! You are lucky!!! Sleep is STILL our biggest challenge & we are approaching a year. OMG! Finally a picture of you & Calum together. You look beautiful, glowing & happy. By the looks of this picture I can promise you that your you have at least 10lbs in your boobs Ha ha ha. Love & miss you tons. You are such a good Mommy, so proud of you.

The Haigh's said...

Holy crap Jen, I think your boobs must be the remaining 20 lbs. You do look beautiful though...as always. Calum's moses basket looks like a coffin so I think you're making a good choice by moving him into his crib full time. Thats great that he has slept through the night for so many straight days - Westyn was just giving us a teaser as she has been up 2-3 times each night. Keep the pics coming of mommy and Calum.

Leah said...

Jen, you look gorgeous!

Jen said...

Thanks, guys ;).

Tara Holmes said...

OMG...still laughing that Ash said his Moses blanket looks like a coffin.

You look radiant! I love seeing the two of you together, and yes I'm sure your boobs are holding all 20 lbs.

I can't wait to hear Calum's laugh!!! I know you are the best mom ever!