Monday 29 June 2009

Aloha Baby Makena!


Just wanted to wish my friend Keri and her husband Greg a belated congratulations on welcoming a beautiful baby girl into the world. Makena Catherine Devine was born last Tuesday, June 23rd at 4:47 p.m. I know Keri and Greg have been very excited about starting their family and from what I hear, Keri was an absolute trooper when it came down to the birth which is no surprise.

As I mentioned before, of the four bridesmaids at my wedding three of them are having babies or have had babies within months of Calum. Ashley had Westyn Marie on March 18th and Tara is due to give birth to Jackson in August. Auntie Dett (my fourth bridesmaid) is going to be busy helping us take care of all of these little ones! It's amazing to me that somehow we all managed to have babies who are going to be within 5 months of each other and quite a blessing for little Calum to have built in friends when we come back to Seattle & LA for visits.

Huge congrats, Keri & Greg and welcome to the world of being parents. I have to honestly say that I've never had a more fulfilling role in my life and that being a Mom (or Mum!) has made me feel so complete. Mark and I love each other in a whole new way and having a baby in your life will change how you view absolutely everything and who you are as a person. We love you!

2 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

That was sweet! I am happy to have a bunch of playmates. We can just marry them all off together 2 girls and 2 boys! Ha!

The Haigh's said...

Ah Jen, that was cute. I sure do miss you. Counting the days until October....