Wednesday 28 January 2009

We're on the market!

I've been awful about blogging this past week or so, all of the sudden life seems to have gotten very busy. Last week I found out that my Grandpa Britton has a large brain tumor and today he went into emergency surgery to have it removed. Initially he was given 4 weeks to live but with the surgery his life expectancy improves greatly so fingers crossed all goes well today.

Mark & I have also been busy looking at rentals (that's still the plan until the housing market here drops as low as it will go in another 6 mos or so) outside of London where Mark's family lives in Chislehurst and getting the flat that we own in Central London ready for rent. After living here for two and a half years it's amazing how many little projects we have to get done before moving out. Here's our listing online (and a picture of our dining room/kitchen above):


http://propinfo.harveyresidential.com/Benyon_Wharf,E84DD/12/12E84DD.htm


I'm also manically cramming for my driving theory test next Tuesday. I've been taking weekly driving lessons for a couple of months now and feeling pretty confident about my driving skills but before you take the practical test here you have to pass your theory test which is like the written test in America. It's so tough to study when I leave for work at 7.30 a.m. and don't get home until 7.30 p.m. or later! Also as Mark half jokingly pointed out, time is running out-if I don't pass this test I won't be able to sign up for the practical test (which is booking out 6-8 weeks in advance) and I'm going to find myself with a little baby stuck in the house all day! Wish me luck!!



6 comments:

The Haigh's said...

Good luck with the driving test and my fingers are crossed for your Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. :( Hopefully is surgery goes well. As for the driving test, I'm sure when it's time to take the test (or almost time) you'll really be able to study. I am a procrastinator...moving this weekend and packed NOTHING. Your house picture/listing looks good too. I wish I could move in!

thuriks said...

I just love your flat you guys did such a good job decorating. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, I will say a prayer for him. You will do fine with the driving stuff, although truthfully I cannot even imagine driving there. People are insane. Love & miss u.

Anonymous said...

All the best with your driving tests, hope you pass both first go!

Rachel Verghese said...

Sounds like your grandpa is doing well and along with my dad I have my fingers crossed for them both! In the meantime I AM SO HAPPY YOUR FLAT IS UP FOR RENT as it means you are MOVING CLOSER TO ME!!!!! Now I have two days off a week from work, Wednesdays and Fridays (What great days off!!) So I will be able to help out with baby and we can shop and lunch and do mummy stuff in the holidays with the Verghese Clan! We are so excited! Paul too! Yipppppeeeee! Please be closer to Orpington! xx

Keri said...

The pictures you took of your flat are awesome! You made it look so spacious and inviting. Now I just hope you find a rental that you love as much as your flat! Hope the driving test went well on Tuesday (love that your instructor has wished you well too :) I'm saying prayers for your grandpa also. Love you.