Sunday 11 January 2009

Welcome to Miami.....


I can hardly believe that we've already been home a week since our Christmas trip to Seattle and our babymoon to Miami! Since I've moved to London and met Mark I've been lucky to add a few stamps to my passport and now with baby coming I have to admit that I'm really going to miss our little trips together although I'm sure soon enough we'll be travelling with baby; our first trip is already in the works for this fall so we can bring the baby to meet our friends and family in America.

Spending New Years in Miami probably would have been a lot different a few years ago but this year all we wanted to do was get some sun and relax, especially after all the snow we had in Seattle! We stayed at a gorgeous hotel outside of Miami called the Biltmore Hotel which was built in the early 1920s. We chose it partly because of the pool, I guess it used to be one of the biggest in the country and we spent quite a few hours poolside reading and taking little naps. I surprised Mark this year with tickets to see an NBA game, since we don't have basketball here in the U.K. he was really looking forward to it and we totally lucked out in that the Miami Heat were playing Cleveland so we got to see two of the best players in the league-Dwayne Wade & Lebron James, which was a lot of fun.

South Beach was great-although it was a bit weird being on the beach in a bikini! Just not nearly as much fun when you have to stay in the shade :(. One really fun thing we did was take our rental car out to the Everglades National Park. We spent a few hours around the park checking out the alligators and birds and enjoying the sun, something I can't imagine doing with a baby! On top of our little day trips we had loads of yummy food and even had a couples massage which was a real treat and something I would recommend to anyone else who is pregnant, it's super relaxing and gets rid of any aches and pains.

Hope you enjoy our pictures, it makes me depressed just looking at them and thinking about how long it will be until I get to see the sun again! Have a great week x

Bump in a bikini on SB


Mark & I at the game

Mark after the game ended

Look how close Mark is to the alligator!

Alligator at the Everglades

NYE


3 comments:

Keri said...

Love the pics! You look gorgeous in your bikini! Glad to hear you liked getting a massage while pregnant (that was my Christmas gift from Greg's sister) Can't wait to use it! Miss you tons and hope you are having a great new year so far. Glad Miami was a fun trip for you guys - grab that vitamin D while you can :) Love ya!

Leah said...

I hope I look so adorable in a bikini when I am pregnant! Looks like your trip was relaxing, fun and the perfect time for you two together. I'm jealous!

Misty Carpinito said...

You inspired me to go get a massage - had one today and I so wished I would have made a habit of it before I hit the finish line. Such a great treat. You look fantastic in your bikini!!