Monday 8 December 2008

Gordon


As mentioned in my last post, on Saturday I met one of my idols-Gordon Ramsay! To be honest, I don't really have any idols but am obsessed with Gordon, not only is he an amazing chef but he's great to watch on one of his many shows over here. We got up early on Saturday and met my brother and sister in law to attend the Taste event he was putting on. It was kind of like an indoor Bite of Seattle with a Christmas theme that Gordon Ramsay happened to be hosting. In addition to getting to be part of a one-hour live cooking demonstration, he and his wife were also doing a book signing (despite the rumours circling them right now with regards to infidelity!). Below are my pictures with Gordon and some others from the day-we had a great time and big thanks to Paul & Rachel for making the day special and for surprising me with a signed copy of Tana Ramsay's book.

Update on baby, clumsy me took a bit of a spill today. It's been pretty cold here in London, so cold that I've cheekily started wearing my Uggs to work and changing into heels when I get there. I still haven't been able to give up the stilettos but with all the walking you have to do in London had to figure out an option for getting to and from work. Anyway, in a rush at lunch today I tripped on the pavement and landed on all fours. Totally embarrassing, ego crushing and worrying all at the same time. After a worried call to Mark who scorned me for taking things too fast, and about an hour's research online trying to make sure baby would be okay, I'm feeling a bit more relieved and have learned my lesson about being more careful. Two more weeks until our 20 week scan where we will get to see baby and know he/she is okay.....


Gordon shouting out to Mark in the audience-I was so nervous!

"To Mark & Jen-Much Love Gordon Ramsay"
Totally worth the wait!

"To Mark, Jen & Bump-Best Wishes, Tana Ramsay"
Thanks Paul & Rachel-so sweet!

Mark and his sausage roll....

3 comments:

Leah said...

You are so lucky you got to meet him! What a very cool moment for you.

And I agree with Mark - be careful!!

thuriks said...

Becarful Jen, no more falls. So excited to see you pregs. You look prety.

Keri said...

So scary! I'm sure the baby is fine - can't wait to hear the update on the 22nd!! Wish you were here to come to El Ts tonight for my birthday dinner. Oh well - it's not like we can O.D. on margaritas and dance the night away this year :) I'll probably be in bed by 9pm :) Love you!