Saturday 13 December 2008

Christmas Parties


As I write this Mark & I are getting ready for another Christmas party.... The two weeks leading up to Christmas in London are a blur of social get togethers with colleagues, clients and friends and we're right in the middle of the season. This week I went out with a client on Tuesday and then on Thursday night had a mini-work Christmas party with my team. Tonight Mark and I are going to Rachel and Paul's work Christmas party; they own a recruitment firm here and this is the second year in a row that Mark has been asked to come down and speak to their staff before celebrating that night.

I wasn't sure how it would go this year, last year and the year before these weeks were filled with lots of drinking and late nights and left you feeling exhausted for Christmas. Luckily I've been feeling pretty good over the past couple of weeks so I've been able to keep up with everyone else although it has been an experience being the only sober one at these parties. I found a great party dress online (quite a feat when you see what the options are for maternity party dresses!) which I will be wearing tonight and probably again in Miami on New Year's and am really looking forward to tonight.

Today is also the anniversary of Mark's dad's passing. 22 years ago Mark's Mum woke up to find her beloved husband had a heart attack whilst sleeping and was left to raise 3 young children all on her own. Mark's dad, John, was the love of her life and often I wonder what it would be like if he was still alive. He was the spitting image of Mark and everyone who met him said he was the kindest, most generous person going. Mark will say a prayer today and tomorrow we will go to his dad's grave to honor him.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the snow in Seattle-fingers crossed for a white Christmas! x

Andy & Jaye

Taylor & Dave

No comments: