Friday 5 December 2008

Celebrity Weekend-TGIF



TGIF! After what has been a long but good week I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Mark & I are having a quiet one tonight-Dominoes pizza (double mushrooms for me, mushrooms have been one of my few pregnancy cravings along with chocolate milk and ice cream and grape juice) and the finale of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. I'm a Celebrity is this reality show in the U.K. where they take a totally random group of B-list American and English celebrities and put them in the jungle in Australia and film them over a few weeks-kind of like Survivor for celebrities.

Tomorrow I'm going to meet one of my idols, Gordon Ramsay (or at least be in the same room with him with him). Mark surprised me with tickets to an event that he's hosting where he gives a live cooking demonstration and signs cookbooks afterwards. Gordon Ramsay is THE celebrity chef here in the U.K., he's got about 4 different shows on t.v. and his restaurants are the top restaurants in London (we went to one for the first time for our year anniversary this year and another one for my sister-in-law's birthday). We're going with Paul & Rachel and will be spending the day, I will make sure to bring my camera in case I get to meet him-shame I have to be preggors!

Sunday we're going to do some Christmas shopping-they close the two main shopping streets (Regent Street and Oxford Street) in London to traffic and have lots of big events this weekend so whilst it will be mayhem, I'm really looking forward to it.

As far as baby is concerned, we got some great news earlier this week. The results from our integrated blood tests for spina bifida and Down syndrome came back with a low risk and they have said the chance of our baby having Downs is 1 in 50000. Such a relief!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

No comments: