Monday 5 March 2012

Baptised



Sienna and one of her godparents, Tracey



Evan and his godparents, Paul and Rachel


Our crazy family (still working on my twin hold!)


Yesterday was the twins' baptism, a special day not only for them but of course for us, too. Was a a bit reminiscent of my own baptism almost a year ago when I became Catholic and nice for me to be able to appreciate the symbolism and meaning which I probably didn't fully understand when Calum was baptised a couple of years ago.


The ceremony itself went off as well as we could have hoped, with Calum chasing his cousin Max around the pews for most of it and our Father only appearing slightly annoyed that we weren't following as well as we should have, but we survived and it was a very special day.


Thanks so much to Mark's family for making it so lovely; thoughts were with Auntie Dett who is Sienna's godmother, an amazing role model not only religiously but in all areas of life but who was there only in spirit since she's in LA. Feel pretty lucky to have these two in my life and such a great family unit, only wish the rest of my family could have been there, too. x










No comments: