Monday 6 June 2011

PS

Hard to believe it's been 3 weeks since we got home from our US vacation. On May 8th Mark, Calum and I left Spokane and flew to Palm Springs for a week of proper rest and relaxation (read: eating, sleeping and laying out by the pool). Mark and I try to do a week on our own after we head to Seattle so we can have a real vacation (whilst we love our Seattle trips they are go, go, go and for some much needed sun since neither place is blessed!). Initially I had thought we would do San Diego but with the weather in May being potentially gray (hence "May gray"), we decided on Palm Springs.

We stayed at the Westin Rancho Mirage Resort Villas, would highly recommend to anyone with kids. Not only was our room huge (with separate bedroom so Mark and I could have evenings together, kitchen with dishwasher, washer/dryer, etc. and a private patio with BBQ overlooking the golf course) but they also had an awesome kiddie pool, water slide and other things aimed at families like us. Loved watching Calum become a real fish, scary how confident he was in the pool! Mark unbelievably felt like he didn't get tan enough (umm, hello!) and I loved when my "shift" at the pool was over (Mark and I took Calum for one hour intervals so we could relax and at the end of the day would have some together time with him) and I could catch up on my magazines and just really chill out.

The highlight of our trip? Getting to see Dett, Tara, Justin and Jackson our last night. They all made the drive over and despite a semi-disasterous dinner with Tara and Justin, I loved every second with these girls and really appreciate them coming over to see us. Not only did it seem like it was last week rather than months ago that I saw the girls, but watching Jackson (2 in Aug) and Calum play together was priceless and a highlight for Calum, too.

Mark remarked on our second day how he could see himself living in PS, had to break it to him that it wasn't really for our generation but we're getting closer and closer to a US move I think (although he says it's still at least 5 years away!). At least he's saying I've got a chance ;).


Calum and Auntie Dett
Tara and the boys
Calum in his new pjs with his new "pet" from Auntie Tara
Remember what I said about Mark thinking he wasn't very tan?!
Calum and Dad before bed, hadn't put down this Richard Scarry book since my Gram gave it to him the week before and still demands it at least twice a day!
Ducks by the patio at our room
My two fish

4 comments:

thuriks said...

So fun! next time you go to PS we will go to. :) The boys look like they had a blast together.

Adrianne Rowley said...

I wish I would have seen you at graduation too =) Would have been great to catch up a bit....it has definitly been FOREVER! You and your family are absolutely precious, so happy for you Jen, and all the lovely blessings in your life! Not too mention, congrats on the upcoming twins...so exciting! I will definitly be keeping an eye on your progress through your blog!

Loosy said...

What a perfect vacation. Love they kiddy pool. You look fabulous Jen. Sarah and I were just talking about how we covet your skin. How Silence Of The Lambs does that sound?

Tara Holmes said...

It was so very fun to be together again!!! I think it should be a tradition!!!