Monday 13 June 2011

24 weeks


Scan photos from 17 weeks

Yep, as of tomorrow I will be 24 weeks pregnant so in months I think that's about 6?

Whilst initially this pregnancy seemed to drag on, all of the sudden the end is near although as each day passes I'm getting a little more nervous about how we're going to cope. I don't worry so much about the babies as I do about Calum, I have this overwhelming sense of guilt at what I'm about to put him through and am already feeling separation anxiety over the days I will spend away from him whilst in hospital

This time around the drs have pretty much said a csection is best for me and babies, with twins they won't let you go past 38 weeks so whilst our due date is officially Oct. 4, that means the babies will be here no later then Sept. 20th. 60% of twins are born before week 37 (so that would be Sept. 13th) and since Calum came at 37+3, I'm thinking we might be early. Pretty much they could be here anytime from late July onwards (my friend's sister had hers at 28 weeks which would put us at July 12th, eek!).

Our 20 week scan showed baby girl in the 50th percentile (they compare twins size with that of regular singleton pregnancies) and baby boy at 95%! Today I have my 24 week scan (I will be scanned every 4 weeks until they arrive to check for size and signs of early labor) so will be interested to see how big they are now, especially as I feel like I have doubled in size in the last month.

Otherwise I've felt pretty good, although it's catching up to me. I'm doing aqua natal aerobics twice a week, antenatal yoga once a week and haven't been visiting McDs nearly as often as last time around ;). I'm even weighing a bit less then I was at this stage when pregs with Calum and dug up my 24 week photo to compare bump size-notice any difference? x
24 wks with Calum
24 weeks with twins
Scary 3D of both babies but love how you can see how close they are in there

4 comments:

Loosy said...

You look beautiful. You should always be pregnant. Not really. But seriously, it's a great look on you. Um. You're going to be a mother of THREE...SOON! EEK! So exciting!

Stacie said...

You look SO good!!! They will be here before you know it! :)

thuriks said...

ok I am so confused (BUT so happy for you) how can you be smaller with two babies rather than just one? You look amazing and sound like your carrying twins like a champ! Babies sound like they will be nice and big when they are born! I was going to send you all C & C's preemie stuff but it doesn't sound like you will need it afterall. The 3D pic is crazy to see how close they are in there. Miss you.

Erin said...

You look gorgeous! Crazy that before too long you're going to be a mama of 3!!