Friday 20 May 2011

Hever Castle/Mom's Visit


My last post here was over 5 weeks ago so forgive me but the next few will be catching up on what has been one of the busiest times of my life. A quick run down:

My Mom came to visit on April 19th and stayed with us until April 30th when we joined her on a flight back to the US. Whilst my Mom was here we tried to get in some sightseeing around London as her next visit will be in October when the twins have arrived and sightseeing will be limited (if at all!).

Mom's visit came just as our summer weather did, it was in the 70s and 80s the whole time which was perfect weather to enjoy the sites. We headed to London to see what she hadn't yet seen (Kings Road the day after Kate Middleton's honeymoon shopping spree, Fortnum and Mason, Harrods to get her favourite macaroons from Laduree, etc.) which was lovely but a bit hot for a preggo like me.
We visited the gorgeous Hever Castle which is a short 30 minute drive from our house and where Anne Boleyn grew up. Another perfect day. We headed to Brighton so she could see the English seaside and we could hit up my favourite restaurant of the moment, Jamie Oliver's 'Jamie's Italian'.

Oh, and we squeezed in a 3 day trip to Venice (more on that later) and she came with us to a private scan that told us the gender of the twins. I also formally entered the Catholic church the night before Easter and we celebrated Easter and Calum's birthday (on the same day this year).

I'm exhausted just rehashing those couple of weeks and haven't even gotten to the part where we did a tour of Washington state from April 30-May 8th and then headed to Palm Springs until May 15th (for some much needed relaxation!).

I guess I'm kind of feeling like I better enjoy as much of my remaining "freedom" as possible before these babies come as I know recouping from the c-section and getting used to our new life is going to be challenging and it's pretty unlikely I will be getting out much this fall/winter (which is both a little depresssing and exciting at the same time). Hope you've all been well, have enjoyed my first day back at "work" catching up on everyone's blogs and etc. x

2 comments:

Blyth Family Blog said...

Look at your cute little belly! I can't wait to hear/see all about your trip to the states. I bet you had such a blast.

Tara Holmes said...

That was a fun filled month! So glad I got to sneak in some time. I love that your mom came to visit for so long!