Monday 4 July 2011

Abi's Sprinkle

Calum, loving every second of having 9 other kids his age over to play

My attempt at desert, to include Abi's favourite Funfetti Betty Crocker cupcakes courtesy of Amazon.com
Mags helping Abi open her gifts


Maggie, Abi's daughter

Lola, Abi's friend Chloe's little girl

Gorgeous little Lara


Abi (36 weeks) and I (26 weeks)



Abi's friend Laura (also preg and due about the same time as me) with her son, Harry



Two years ago I was a new "Mum" struggling to figure it all out and in desperate need of support and company after finding being at home all day with a new baby wasn't quite what I thought it would be. Our local clinic was organising a post-natal Mums group and on the first day I encountered an equally frazzled new Mum outside the clinic asking if we were in the right place. Over the next few weeks Abi entertained us other Mums with her funny stories and when the group was cancelled due to lack of funding, I was determined we would all keep in touch as I desperately needed the weekly get togethers with these women to keep me sane and secretly also wanted to spend more time with Abi as she always brought a much needed laugh to what were some fairly tough days.



Since then Abi and I have shared countless laughs, the ups and downs of raising two toddlers with big personalities (who just so happen to love each other) and now the joys of being pregnant at the same time. When Abi sent me the photo of her positive pregnancy test I was so in shock that it took awhile to register, I then had goosebumps as I knew how much she wanted a little brother or sister for Maggie and now just can't believe that her little boy is almost here.



On Saturday I had Abi's baby sprinkle here at our house. In the UK baby showers are kind of a new thing and whilst Abi had had one the first time around, she was pretty adamant she didn't want a big deal this time so we kept the sprinkle low key and had a nice lunch in the back yard with about 10 Mums and their kids, all around Calum's age. Now the countdown to George's arrival starts, can't wait to meet your next little angel, Abi! x



PS-Sorry about the backwards order, Blogger was being funny today and I couldn't move the pics around.


































































1 comment:

Tara Holmes said...

It looks like everyone had a great time!! I love that you have some quality friends like Abi to keep you company over there. We miss you and you look fantastic.