Tuesday 23 August 2011

34 weeks


33 wks pregnant with the twins


34 weeks pregnant with Calum


Yep, huge-and this pic was actually taken at 33 weeks. Huge as is none of my "maternity" clothes cover my belly anymore (would love to say I chose this top again for consistency but really it's one of about two that cover my ass right now). Huge as in it takes me quite awhile to get up from the couch or out of bed which is especially inconvenient considering I have to get up literally every hour during the night to go to the bathroom. Huge as in I now can't leave the house without getting questioned as to when I am due and in fact even when in the house (think grocery delivery man, postman, etc.), I get the same questions!

I don't have another appointment now until Sept. 5th which will be my last scan, the 36 week scan to check on how big the babies are and reconfirm their position (which will hopefully be the same as they have been, both head down). Depending on the weights of the babies at that stage, we will then make a more concrete decision as to whether I get to go for a "regular" birth or if we are going to schedule an elective c-section. If the babies are 7 lbs or more (which is pretty realistic if I make it that long), we are definitely looking at a c-section. If twin 1 (girl) is in any position other then head down, we're also looking at a c-section.

I'm really hoping for a normal birth this time but realise things are pretty much out of my control at the moment. Feeling very much like I am stuck in a zone, waiting for the next stage of our lives to start and looking for any hint that labor might be coming, in short-driving Mark nuts and probably not being the most amazingly patient Mom to Calum. The hot weather here hasn't helped, you can't imagine how excited I was to see rain today!

The care package from my Mom last week helped though-think two massive bags of Jolly Ranchers, Slim Jims, a couple of nice maternity tops from Nordstrom and a battery operated fan for the hospital (the maternity ward isn't air conditioned and they only allow fans that have been approved by their electrical department so when I was there last, I literally almost died from heat exhaustion!).

All along I've said that if I had to predict, I would say that the babies will arrive on Aug. 30th so we shall see..... x

6 comments:

Loosy said...

You look gorgeous. And very, very soon you'll have gone from one kiddo to THREE! So exciting! So very, very exciting.

Stacie said...

You look AMAZING!!!! A few things...

1) How are you still able to fit into maternity jeans, I'm jealous!!!?? I put on a pair last night and the seams screamed at me to take them off!

2) I'm so happy/excited for you that you haven't been put on bed rest, you're officially my new poster mom for going close to, if not full-term with twins! YAY!

3) I hope you're able to go naturally, sounds like there's a good chance. But, you're right, they have their own plan!

4) How ridiculous that they don't have A/C in delivery rooms! Don't they know the effort it takes to push out a baby, or babies?? Glad you got a fan!!!

5) If you're right about the date, you're only a week away, WOW!!! Can't wait to hear that they've arrived. Hang in there, you're doing great!!

XOXO

thuriks said...

So happy for the update, I was thinking maybe you might have already had the babies. I hope Mark will send a text when u are in labor! Said it a million times but you are so amazing with how strong your body has been throughout this pregnancy. I hope you are able to do a natural delivery although however they end up coming out the end result is what matters! Can't wait to see pictures of those babies! Lots and lots of love.

The Haigh's said...

Wow Jen!!!! I definitely made a little gasp when I saw this picture. I can't believe how incredible you look with 2 babies in there. Hang in there, they will be here before you know it.
xoxo

Tara Holmes said...

You are "twinning" in a short time. You look AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to see them!!! I am dying. I love you!

Misty Carpinito said...

You look incredible! I am with Stacie, so impressed you can actually get those maternity jeans on! And like Katie said your body is sooo strong...nice work carrying those babes this far. Best of luck in the homestretch. Cannot wait to see pics and hear how you all are adjusting to the TWO new additions to the family. So exciting! XO