Monday 3 January 2011

That's not my baby.....


Mark took the above picture yesterday and when I saw it I thought to myself, that's not my baby-that's my little boy! Over the last few weeks Calum really seems to have morphed from a baby to a toddler which has been bittersweet.


When we were on vacation Calum got his own meals ordered at dinner rather than the last time when we were on holiday scrambling to find decent jarred baby food in a "foreign" environment. I can't believe the choices in America-I think I had more fun ordering for Calum (and eating his "leftovers") then I did for myself!


When BA failed to deliver our stroller in Seattle and it didn't show up until 8 days later in Miami, it wasn't the end of the world because Calum can now walk wherever we go (although we have had some serious tantrums whilst in the reigns).


We can't really shop at Cater's anymore since it's all baby stuff although I did buy a pack of the white undershirts in 24 months even though Ashley kindly pointed out to me (in true Ashley style) that maybe Calum is a bit old to be wearing shirts that button at the bottom which I suppose is another sign that Calum is no longer a baby but my little boy.


In fact, we no longer shop in the baby section at our beloved (and much missed!) Nordstrom-Calum is a 2T.


I love this little boy-he was my star on the 10.5 hour solo flight from Heathrow to Seattle and did so good being carted around from place to place, staying up way past his bed time and adjusting to jet lag a lot better then his Mom did. He made our little family trip to Miami for Christmas, it didn't matter where we were as long as he was having fun and having fun he did-from splashing around for hours in the pool, to trying to make new hot girlfriends as you do when you are in Miami (if Dad couldn't do it, someone had to!), to running along the beach at Key Biscane-he loved it and we loved it and that's what it's all about. This little boy. Love him!


3 comments:

Michelle said...

He is seriously so cute, I can't get over it!!! Definitely a little boy now, wow! :)

Loosy said...

Patiently waiting to view pictures from your recent travels. ;)

Tara Holmes said...

I love that Calum was the ideal traveling companion and I am so bummed I didn't get to see your little man but thankful I saw YOU!!! He's the cutest! Maybe we can all vacation in Miami together some day!